Security Issues Having been a user of PC systems since their inception and a user of the public Internet since its earliest days I can offer some simple advice on how to protect your computer and your privacy from the myriad of nefarious computer hackers and viruses that abound today. By following these simple guidelines, you can limit your exposure. There...Read more
Windows 10 – Revisited? There has been a lot of discussion, blog posts, Facebook posts and various other Internet comments about Windows 10. We are coming down to the wire of the July 27 deadline to upgrade for free. Microsoft has corrected most of the “bugs” in Windows 10 so for the average home computer user, it is now a safe and fully operational environment and you should have...Read more
A Brief History of Email
While you are “@” it.
Web Based Email vs. Client Based Email.
POP vs. IMAP
Safety and Security
A Brief History of Email.Email predates the “web” by a few years. It evolved from humble beginnings in 1965 from a way of leaving a message in a large, mainframe computer, for another user to see. There were less than a...
When deciding on a new or replacement printer for your home you will have to choose from the following options:
- InkJet or Laser
- Black and White only or Color
- Printer only or optional Copier / Scanner / Fax
- USB ONLY / Networkable (wired or wireless or both)
- Other Options
- Who will install it?
Inkjet or Laser?
- Inkjet Printers
- Inkjet printers use a reservoir of liquid ink which is pumped...
How do you get Infected?
How to Avoid It?
How to Recover From It?
WHAT IS IT?
- Ransomware is the name given to virus or attacks on your computer systems which hold out for a ransom from you.
- They usually either lock your PC so you can’t get into it or they encrypt or modify all of your files...
1. Track your packagesKeeping track of your packages used to mean logging into the USPS, UPS or FedEx site. But did you know Google can track almost any package for you? Just enter the package tracking number directly into the search box. Google will pull up quick links that let you easily track the status of your shipment.
2. Check your flight statusA delayed flight can throw off your...
Windows 10 – Should I Upgrade? With Windows 10 being available for almost 6 months, most of us currently running Windows 7 or Windows 8 (8.1), are being asked on a regular basis if we want to upgrade to Windows 10. The experience I have gained from a number of my customers asking for my help is that while a...Read more